- Undertake estimates from first principles in accordance with Company procedures ( value £100K - £10M).
- Identify opportunity and risk during the tender process.
- Create tender programmes using MS project, Asta Powerproject’s or similar software.
- Help develop, mentor and manage junior / trainees estimators.
- Liaise with the tender Bid Manager and Buying Dept.
- Oversee tender handover meetings with construction team.
- Participate in Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) with our Bid / Construction Team and Clients.
- Provide ongoing support to site teams relating to estimate and key assumptions.
- Subcontractor engagement at tender stage, producing enquiries and assessing returns from supply chain.
- Material scheduling requirements.
- Familiarity and understanding to use all Microsoft Applications – Excel, Word etc
The successful applicant for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Background in a similar position or looking to move to a senior position.
- Experience in: Highways ( Drainage & Earthworks), Water Industry, and other Infrastructure Works including associated RC structures
- Experience working with Various contract types : NEC 3 & 4 , JCT & bespoke T & C’s.
- Full UK Licence as travel to sites and meetings will be required.
- Salary - would be dependent on experience.
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Pension – 4% Employer + 4% Employee contribution
- Discretional Annual Bonus (dependent on company results)
- Based in West Bromwich