Wind Farm Construction
Services provided include;
- A complete ‘balance of plant’ capability
- Design review and value engineering
- Budget costing and programming
- Site tracks and crane hardstandings
- Wind turbine and met mast foundations
- Ground improvement and soil modification
- Sustainable drainage systems (SUDS)
- Piling solutions for turbine bases
- Spoil management, landscaping and ecological enhancements
- Site investigations
- Off-site highway improvements
- Water supply abstraction boreholes
- Design management
- Control buildings and substations
- Ducting and cable installation
- Project management of windfarm developments including;
- Stakeholder management
- Site supervision
- 'Design and build’ or 'construct only' contracts for wind farm infrastructure
- Preparation or review of the Construction Method Statement (CMS) including environmental, hydro-logical and ecological considerations, Health and Safety and build procedures
Example Wind Farm Projects include :-
Denbrook Wind Farm, Devon for Renewable Energy Systems (RES). The Civil and Ancillary Works contract for a 9 turbine site commenced in September 2015 and included 7.5km of site roads, crane hardstandings & reinforced concrete foundations for the 9 nr 2MW Vestas wind turbines, HV MV & Scada cabling and various off site highway improvement works including a 150m section of new road. The site was commissioned in October 2016.
Higher Micklehurst Wind Farm Turbine for Kinetica Energy 2014. Design & construct civil engineering infrastructure for a single wind turbine development located near Burnley with an EWT DIRECTWIND 52/54-900kW Turbine. Work included; treatment of shallow mine workings beneath the footprint of the turbine bases and crane hardstand; constructing a 700m access road, a crane hardstand with stone upfilling to replace poor quality soils, a turbine base with cast in-bolt set, 9 no 375mm dia x 22m deep rotary cased piles to support the turbine base and SUDS land drainage. See 'Project Profiles' for full details.
Tallentire Wind Farm Nr Cockermouth, Cumbria for Renewable Energy Systems (RES). The Civil and Ancillary Works contract for the 6 turbine site commenced on 2nd July 2012 and included 7.5km of site roads, crane hardstandings & reinforced concrete foundations for the 6 nr 2MW Vestas wind turbines, control building, HV MV & Scada cabling and various off site highway improvement works. The site began generating in March 2013 and was commissioned in June 2013. See link below to the scheme Project Profile.
Roos Wind Farm Nr Hull, East Yorkshire for Renewable Energy Systems (RES). Civil and Ancillary Works for the 9 nr 2MW turbine site commenced on 9th January 2012 requiring construction of 4.5km of site roads, 9 crane hardstandings and turbine bases and a control building. Part of the site is founded on up to 18m of very soft marine alluvium which necessitated extensive ground improvement for site roads, crane hardstandings and deep CFA piling to support 5 of the turbine bases. The site was commissioned in March 2013. See link below to the scheme Project Profile.
Wadlow Wind Farm, West Wratting, Cambridgeshire for Renewable Energy Systems (RES). The Civil and Infrastructure Works for the 13 turbine site commenced on 7th June 2011 and includes 8km of site roads, crane pads and reinforced concrete foundations for the 13 nr 2MW wind turbines. The site was fully commissioned and began generating in September 2012. See the link below for the scheme Project Profile.