range of civil and geotechnical work carried out by the company is ideal for
many aspects of rail infrastructure work and includes;
- Embankment stabilisation by engineered earthworks, use of geotextiles and geogrids, gabions and nailed gabions, soil nailing, mini-piling, toe drainage, cess retention, grouting rabbit burrows & vegetation clearance
- Mine workings and mine shaft stabilisation - drilling and grouting to consolidate shallow coal or other mine workings under rail track and bridge structures. Includes use of specialist ‘dual head’ drilling rigs to undertake accurate hole drilling, treat multiple seams and minimise environmental impact.
- Geotechnical Site Investigations - both off track and on-track site investigation drilling including; rotary drilling, coring, rotary percussive probing and mine workings investigation using versatile geotechnical drilling rigs which can be fitted with short masts in areas of limited headroom
- Infrastructure improvements to depots, stations and rail freight centres involving construction of roads, accesses and hardstandings in concrete and tarmac, refuelling areas, water supply pipework, foul and storm drainage, interceptors, culverted watercourses, earthworks and environmental mitigation works
- Drainage improvements including crest drains, cess drains, toe drains, cascades, culverts and outfalls
- Other rail related work that we have carried out includes Bridge Tying with horizontal ‘drilled through’ anchors, Cintec anchors, Rotary Cased Piles and Grout Piles
To see our Project Profiles for Rail, click here.