Forkers Ltd are a multi-disciplinary Civil and Ground Engineering Contractor working throughout the UK. Our dedicated and experienced preconstruction team is the key to our success, tendering and winning work for a wide range of clients. Due to company growth and an increase in tendering activity we are recruiting a Bid Writer to join our dynamic team to support the tender submissions.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to be enthusiastic and self-motivated, have good writing skills and will have worked in the construction environment. You will be a proactive, creative and collaborative team player with good interpersonal skills. You will have degree-level qualification or equivalent, and the ability to demonstrate your written and editorial skills through a well-constructed CV and samples of your own work. You will have experience of bid-writing, proofreading and the importance of presentation, with a commitment to accuracy, consistency, quality, and high standards. You will be able to work to tight deadlines, having strong time and project management skills and the ability to prioritise your workload.
The successful candidate will report to the Estimating Director and will manage and support the submission of expressions of interest, pre-qualifications and tender submissions for a wide range of projects. You will work collaboratively with estimators, technical staff and other departments to ensure our bids are comprehensive, high quality and market leading.
• Continuous review of bidding opportunities from clients and through various tender platforms
• Evaluation of tender opportunities with directors prior to acceptance
• Submit expressions of interest
• Manage prequalification and tender submissions including:
o Understand the bidding process, timelines, formats and submission requirements
o Manage TQ’s, revisions and updates
o Download and distribute tender document and tender updates
o Manage bid programme
o Agree and allocate team responsibilities for submissions including written and technical responses by in-house subject matter experts and any evidence gathering
o Engage with designers or specialist supply chain partners, identify information requirements and re-write or edit their bid responses
o Review and check all documentation
o Ensure submission of PQQ’s and tenders before deadlines
• Develop and maintain a library of exemplar answers, staff CV’s and other relevant information
• Attending client briefings, meet the buyer and other meetings where appropriate.
• Delivering presentations and representing the business at events
• Online listings – manage a range of online directory listings, ensuring information is up to date.
• Competitive salary
• Annual pay increases in April
• Discretionary annual bonus in December
• Company pension
• Car allowance
• Life assurance and accident cover
• Free on-site parking
• Cycle to Work Scheme available
• Spacious modern offices
• 35 days annual leave including bank holidays
• Support with training and development