Water, Sewerage & Main Drainage
Forkers has been undertaking main drainage, sewerage schemes and clean water supply schemes for the water industry, local authorities and private clients for over 40 years. Our in depth experience in this field covers a complete range of drainage solutions, construction techniques, ground conditions and contract values.
Following our successful framework agreements with Severn Trent Water during AMP3 & AMP4 (2000 - 2011) the company has been a delivery partner with Amey, Costain, MWH, Morgan Sindall and NMC Nomenca for Severn Trent Water and other water utility clients during AMP5 (2010 - 2015) and the current AMP6 (2015 - 2020) capital investment programmes.
Our capability includes;
- Flood relief schemes & urban re-sewerage projects
- Section 101A first time sewerage schemes
- Pumping stations and package plants
- Pipes, gravity sewers and culverts
- Pipelines & rising mains
- Shaft sinking by jacked caisson or underpinning
- In-situ reinforced concrete detention tanks
- Screened overflows with mechanical or static screens
- SUD’s drainage solutions
- M & E installation - pumps, panels, kiosks, screens, power supplies and telemetry
- Interceptors for protection of consented discharges
- Pipe jacking, tunnelling and timber headings
- ‘No Dig’ techniques including directional drilling and auger boring
- Dig down repair, sewer re-lining & renovation
- Sewage treatment including RBC Units & reed beds, reinforced concrete tanks & chambers, pipework, ducting and site infrastructure
- Clean water trunk mains, pipelines, strategic meters and valves
Due to the urban location of many sewerage schemes, the impact on the public and on traffic can be significant. We have achieved notable successes in managing customer care issues and our site managers have been rewarded with ‘many awards and commendations from Clients, Tier 1 Contractors and members of the public who were affected by the work.