We carry out rail related schemes both directly for Network Rail, for Area Framework Contractors and for Light Rail projects. The company is fully RISQS accredited for a wide range of product groups and holds a Network Rail Principle Contractors Licence.
RISQS accredited for a wide range of product groups
Network Rail Principal Contractors Licence
The range of civil and geotechnical work carried out by the company is ideal for many aspects of rail infrastructure work.
- Embankment stabilisation by engineered earthworks, use of geotextiles and geogrids, gabions and nailed gabions, soil nailing, mini-piling, toe drainage, cess retention, grouting rabbit burrows & vegetation clearance
- Drainage improvements including crest drains, cess drains, toe drains, cascades, culverts and outfalls
- Infrastructure improvements to depots, stations and rail freight centres involving construction of roads, accesses and hardstandings in concrete and tarmac, refuelling areas, water supply pipework, foul and storm drainage, interceptors, culverted watercourses, earthworks and environmental mitigation works
- Mine workings and mine shaft stabilisation - drilling and grouting to consolidate shallow coal or other mine workings under rail track and bridge structures.
- Geotechnical Site Investigations - both off track and on-track site investigation drilling including; rotary drilling, coring, rotary percussive probing and mineworkings investigation using versatile geotechnical drilling rigs which can be fitted with short masts in areas of limited headroom.
- Other rail related work that we have carried out includes Bridge Tying with horizontal ‘drilled through’ anchors, Cintec anchors, Rotary Cased Piles and Grout Piles.